• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

fast, simple, healthy... oh and tasty too

kaywholed

Ex-Bluelighter
hopefully we can share some ideas for quick and healthy meal and snack options.

lately I have been on a pita kick. you can eat the same food multiple times and its different every time.

first off, pop a pita under the broiler (lazy way) to warm it, or crisp it in a pan with oil

in a pan cook up an onion, and when its done add red peppers (roasted red peppers from a jar or fresh) and some jalapieno peppers for spice

spread some hummus on a pita, add the veggies, top with crumbled feta and some lettuce.

you can even add bacon, or your meat of choice

it takes about 5-10 start to finish, and can be done with a single small pan. and it can feed 1 or more, as it scales easily

24655l4.jpg

an easy recipe I like is to cook either brown pasta or brown rice, mix in some garlic, chop up tomato and mix all together on a plate, sometimes I add cottage cheese and raisins and avocado..its really easy and you can just add whatever you want really..

Made this in 15 minutes the other night and it was quite good:

Open Sunshine Burger package (I guess you could use your burger of choice :p). Put in toaster oven at required temperature. Chop onion, toss in heated wok/pan. Chop spinach, kale, mushrooms, other vegetables in the order they need to be heated so you can just toss 'em in the wok/pan. By the time the burger is done (10-15 minutes), the stir-fry should be. Serve stir-fry on the side, on top, on bottom, wherever, of the burger. Delicious. :D

Amazingly tasty

Attempt4's Fast Food Perfect Peppery Pitta:
Chop up red,green and yellow peppers.
Chop spring onion and red onion.
Dice 2 cloves of garlic.
Slice a tomato or two.
Slice up some courgette.
Chuck it on a baking tra and season with olive oil, bit of honey, balsamic vinegar, pepper, diced chilli's/chilli powder and other herbs/spices of your choice.

Grill this until the veg is slightly charred looking and that BEAUTIFUL aroma of cooked peppers fills the air!

Shove it all on a couple of wholemeal pitta breads.

Seriously, try it!
For an added twist, decarboxylate .5-1g of Cannabis (shove it in the oven at 350f for 25 minutes or more) then add it to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lightly simmer for 15-25 mins. Strain it and use this oil for your pitta breads.
Tasty and intoxicating all in one!
The decarboxylation is absolutely essential to get the most out of your edible weed. When the carboxyl-group containing cannabinoids in weed lose their carboxyl rings these substances become psychoactive. Cannabis contains many health benefits (though for maximum benefit, don't decarb your cannabis - this is suited towards those looking for better psychoactive effect instead of health benefit)

And here's one I have for breakfast every morning (I actually have it 3 times a day as I am a bodybuilder)
Fast, simple, tasty and X-TREAM NRG!!!!111111

x amount of Scottish oats (I chuck about 100g in there, often more)
2 banana's
an Avocado
Fill up with milk (need over 500ml in there but such quantities aren't important unless you're building mass! Just tweak it to your requirements)

Blend it together.
There you have a delicious, XTREAMLY healthy snack that will absolutely load you with sustainable energy. Tastes like a banana milkshake, but without all that shitty chemicals and sugar :)

This aint so quick, but very simple and tasty and extremely good for you

Lentil Soup
Everyone knows what soup is! It really is this simple....
Soften a couple onions and few cloves of garlic in a pan, in olive oil.
Add vegetable stock (homemade or pre-made, no big deal. 4 cubes of pre-made will suffice) to fill up the pan, then literally just throw in whatever you want! I personally love yellow split peas, lentils, carrots, peas, diced potatoe amongst other things.
Then let it simmer for an hour and a half to two hours or so until it congeals into a nice soupy texture. Dice up some chillies and season with turmeric (gives it a great deep yellow colour and organic earthy taste), salt, pepper and whatever else you want.

So simple. So filling. So healthy. I've got plenty more where that came from, but thought I would start with incredibly easy recipes (that everyone probs knows anyway!)

I made a simple brunch today.

Cut up a potato and an onion, and fried them in a pan of olive oil with pepper. Added some red peppers, jalapenios and green onions. topped it with feta until that melted.

Served it with a slice of rye with a clump of hummus, and soy milk.

Took about 20 minutes total, and was made in one pan.

10ymlg3.jpg

I'm loving how so many of these recipes include hummus. Tasty, healthy and delectable!

Skinless, boneless breast of chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, essence of Emeril, sauteed in garlic and olive oil for 5 minutes each side. Drop in a can of Del Monte diced tomatoes with basil garlic, and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes. Lay a slice of mozzarella on the chicken if you like. Boil some spaghetti for 10 minutes. Serve sauce over spaghetti and chicken breast. Enjoy! :D

boneless-skinless-ch_20A9B5.gif
+
19336.jpg
+
images
=
Chicken-Parmesan.jpg

2 large mackerel cooked and de-boned, 1small red onion finely chopped, 1 spring onion finely chopped, handful of pistachios chopped, 1 clove of garlic through a press, tsp of herbs de provence, to large tblsp of cream cheese, 3 large tablsp of plain yogurt. Whizz with hand blender, serve on crackers :)

Or as I will be doing tomorrow, shoving some in a pitta bread with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and grilled red pepper for my lunch :D

fry up a steak (i prefare medium rare), slice it into strips, make a simple salad of lettuce and tomato and some olive oil fry a couple tortillas up and spread some creme fresh/soure cream/humus on them, fill with your salad and steak and enjoy! takes about 5 - 10 mins and is fucking delicious!

My favorite new easy dish is:

Saute diced vidalia onions in .5 tablespoon of olive oil.
Steam broccoli and brown rice.
Grill unseasoned chicken breast (optional)
Mix in a bowl with the caramelized onions.

The onions have so much flavor, you don't need any seasoning. Sometimes, I add some fresh grated parm cheese. I love this dish cause it's only 5 ingredients. It's my favorite "clean" dinner. Yum!